Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Finally a night at home

It has been an insane few days.  Monday I had to get ready to teach the digital citizenship lessons which took a lot of planning.  Monday night was orchestra rehearsal and even though I got there an hour early, parking was almost impossible.  I had to park across the campus and walk in the dark.  Since I’m not familiar with the campus, I just walked in the general direction of the building and eventually found it.  Tuesday morning I had to get to school early to set up for my lessons and I had to go to the elective team meeting to explain the process of sending students down for the lessons.  I taught a full day yesterday with my only break at lunch.  It was pretty exhausting.  Then I had band rehearsal last night as well.  We are playing a lot of music and my chops were pretty shot by the end of the night.  Today I got a break for one class period in addition to lunch but I taught mostly classes of boys today so that was kind of a pain.  One student I had to send back to class because he starting cussing out another student.  Tomorrow will be better because I’ll have two free class periods and smaller classes in general.  Friday is my concert so I’ll have to rush home to change and then head towards the church where we are playing so I don’t get stuck in rush hour traffic.  I’ll probably have dinner in the shopping area that is close by.  Matt is coming to my concert so that will be nice to have someone in the audience. 

I had to laugh at Andrew’s comment on the previous post.  While I have made the first move before – I only did it when I knew the other person would be receptive to it.  I haven’t even hugged Matt yet.  When he came over to watch a movie the other night, I wasn’t even sure how close I should sit next to him.  I wasn’t brave enough to sidle up to him so I left some space between us.  If things do progress at some point and I get the feeling he is truly interested, I probably will make the first move if I need to. 

I finished the “I” book by Sue Grafton yesterday and I realized that I didn’t have “J.”  I thought I got all the books I was missing, but I must have overlooked it.  I guess I’ll have to go out and get it this weekend.    I think I might go to the movies this weekend as well.  I think I’m going to finish watching Mythbusters on t.v. and then call it an early night.  I’ve surprised myself how much I sleep better here.  I don’t always sleep through the night, but I am able to fall asleep relatively quickly most nights.  I think the difference is the job.  I don’t have the stress I did before with my mind racing at the end of the day.  I still need to sleep through the night without the animals getting me up, but for the most part I’m sleeping better. 


Jan said...

Andrew is quite a character, isn't he? You know, I read your blog regularly-Andrew recommended it a long time ago!

When you figure out how to get the animals to sleep past 4AM, let me know!


Annabel said...

Thanks for reading Jan! I wish I had the answer to getting the animals to sleep all night. Mine actually get me up once or twice between midnight and 4:00 a.m. most nights.