Sunday, November 13, 2011

An Outlet

Well, now I’m going to be playing in an orchestra believe it or not.  I got a call from a lady that is in the community band that I’m playing in and she said a local college community orchestra was needing a clarinet player and someone had mentioned my name.  So I looked up the music that they were going to be playing to see if it would be too difficult for me and it looked like it would be ok.  She had mentioned that I might need an “A” clarinet, so I called her back and told her that I was interested but would not have access to an “A” clarinet.  She called the director and he said the parts were in B-flat so that it would be ok.  Then I was told that I’d be playing the principal part this time.  No pressure there.  I haven’t played in an orchestra since I was in high school, but I really enjoyed playing in it when I did.  I think it will be fun.  I think it is good for me.  Playing more often will build my stamina and help me improve as a player.  It’s also a way for me to be more social here in SA.  I haven’t found a church yet – need to get on that soon, but music is allowing me an opportunity to meet other people which can be really hard for a person as shy as I am.  Then there’s also the potential for getting involved with Scrabble stuff if I can learn to play more quickly.  I’m going to make pizza for library guy next weekend and we’re going to play again. 

Josh headed home a little before 2:00 today and I took a nap.  I haven’t done much other than read, surf, watch t.v. and I did mow the yard in the front lest I get in trouble for the weeds again.  It’s going to be a really busy week for me at school.  I have a lot to get done in a short amount of time.  I’m going to try to make an appointment to get an iPhone 4S at the Apple store tomorrow if they have any.  You can place an order online after 9:00 p.m. the night before as long as they have some in stock.  I don’t know that I can afford it – but I may never actually be able to afford it. 

No comments: