Thursday, November 17, 2011

A respite

If only briefly, I finally get a break from meetings and rehearsals.  I spent all day at a meeting and am tired of the perky lady that makes us stand up and find new partners all the time.  Today was the first time I ran into really slow traffic for an extended period of time.  What should have taken me about 15 minutes took about 35 minutes.  The way home was better though.  When I got home I let the animals out to do their business, fed them, and then I made my infamous cashew chicken for dinner.  It was quite delicious as always.  I think I’ll have some seconds.  The problem with making this recipe is that it makes way too much for one person.  I’ll have leftovers for a few days. 

Library guy and I have been emailing back and forth a few times this week.  I think he likes me – but not sure if it is just a new friend kind of way or an I think she’s an interesting prospect kind of way.  We might try to do some form of exercising together as he is needing to lose about 25 lbs as do I.  He mentioned tennis, but I have never really played the game.  He’s coming over after work on Saturday and I’m going to make homemade pizza and we’re going to play a lot of Scrabble games.  This time he said that he wouldn’t be as nice and that he is going to pull out his obscure, arcane words.  Guess I should do some studying myself.

Tomorrow is Friday and then my Thanksgiving break starts.  I’ve never worked for a district that gave us the entire week off for Thanksgiving.  Josh and I leave for Vegas on Tuesday.  Richard (my ex-husband) is going to house sit and watch the animals for me.  Tonight I’m going to watch some t.v., read a book, and just take it easy.

3 comments:

Christina said...

sounds like he likes you...in a sweetheart way. How nice!

Enjoy Vegas..and remember, what happens in Vegas...should be blogged about!

Leann said...

Enjoy your weekend and I can't wait to hear what words he comes up with :-)

Anonymous said...

Have a nice weekend and enjoy the break!
jan