Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Year in Review

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?

Moved far away from home for the first time in my life. Moving with my family when I was six doesn’t count.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don’t think I made any particular resolutions, though my general goal was to have a library job for the 2011-2012 school year. Though I didn’t get the job that I originally planned to have, I did get a job and am happy where I am.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My cousin’s wife had a baby, but we’re not particularly close – but that’s the only baby I can think of.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit?

No countries again – but I have hope that I will some day.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

I think I would simply like to make more new friends here in San Antonio. I had several wonderful friends back home, but making new friends here has been somewhat of a challenge.

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

I can’t remember the exact date – around the end of June when I was offered a librarian job in San Antonio.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Moving to San Antonio relatively unscathed and starting my career has a librarian.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I don’t know that anything was really a failure this year – but probably the fact that I gave up on the yearbook and had to have the new adviser finish it for me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing major – typical colds, allergies and such. Lots of bumps and bruises from moving and delivering textbooks.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My new furniture for my house.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Josh still amazes me – he is doing so well in school and bravely venturing to Tasmania.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Nobody that I can think of – the sixth graders at the middle school have been trying though. They don’t seem capable of listening or following instructions and are obnoxious most of the time.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Paying for the move to San Antonio.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My new job and going out on dates.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?

“Changes” - seems this year was full of them!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

happier or sadder? Much happier in my job, but a little sad missing some friends.
- richer or poorer? Mostly the same. I make more money now, but I have more expenses here so it comes out about the same.
- thinner or fatter? Slightly fatter – gained about 3-4 pounds that I need to lose!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Riding roller coasters and spending time with friends back in Canyon.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

As usual – worrying.

20. How did you spend the holidays?

New Years (2010) – with my friend Kirsten again. Valentine’s Day – alone. Easter – at Church with wonderful friends. 4th of July – with friends. Thanksgiving – in Vegas with family. Christmas – here in SA without Josh for the first time, but with my new boyfriend, Matt, and his friends.

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?

No, but found a new boyfriend that I really like!

22. How many one-night stands?

None – but considered it with Marty at one point. Also had a single date with a guy from e-harmony that didn’t go anywhere.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Probably re-runs of Monk and House Hunters.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Nope, I’m a lover, not a hater.

25. What was the best book you read?

Probably the Lee Child books.

26. What was your favorite film of this year?

The Help.

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?

I still don’t have fashion sense and probably never will. I still wear lots of purple and got new purple Sketchers.

28. Whom did you miss?

All my friends back in Canyon/Amarillo, my fellow speech teachers, and my family that I didn’t get to see much of.

29. Who was the best new person you met?

My boyfriend, Matt.

30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.

Sometimes you have to take risks to get what you want in life. Change can be a good thing. It is important to have a career that you enjoy.

No comments: