Monday, December 19, 2011

Why am I up this early?

It’s 6:15 in the morning and I don’t have to work. Even on work days, I’m not up this early. I’ve been awake since 4:53, but finally gave up the bed around 6:00. I do not want to be up this early. But I guess I’ll blog instead.

Yesterday I went to church. I decided to go to the one closest to me. It was ok, but I really miss St. Ann’s. First of all, it was crowded. Even though they have three Sunday services and a Saturday service, it was fairly packed. I guess that is a good thing – to have a church filled with people, but it was warm. They had a choir, but they were not very good. There was only two somewhat familiar songs during the service though they do have the same hymnal that we used at St. Ann’s. I guess it was ok as far as church’s go, but I think I’ll keep looking. Matt and I are either going to the Cathedral or to the Mission for midnight Mass this next weekend.

Josh and I went out shopping yesterday. We stopped at Michael’s where I found a frame for pictures I’m giving my aunt for Christmas, but didn’t find beads that I liked. I headed to Hobby Lobby, but forgot about them being closed on Sundays. I did, however, find a store that had just beads, so I found some purple beads that I thought would do. I may still need to find some additional beads, but I guess I can head back to Hobby Lobby sometime today. I did find out that Matt does use a rosary so I hope it will be a good gift. Josh and I hit several other stores looking for something for his girlfriend. We thought we finally had a great idea – an engraved bookmark from James Avery – but it would take three weeks for the engraving. We are going shopping in Austin on Tuesday and then having dinner with Marty and Brent so I guess we’ll see if we can find something there.

Matt I went to see Hugo last night. The movie was good, but I don’t think my 3D glasses worked very well – everyone in the movie still had doubled faces and four eyes. Still no “moves” to speak of, but he did make a nice comment. We were talking about interests and such on the ride home and I said something to the effect that he did seem to have a few interests beyond Scrabble. He then made the comment that his life had gotten much more interesting since I came into it. So I’ll take that as a continuing positive sign. We talked about going to more movies together, riding rollercoasters, and going to Schlitterbahn this summer. I’m going with him to Scrabble practice on Thursday and then we are going out to eat with a couple of his friends from the club.

Not sure what all I’m going to do today. I need to get some wrapping paper to wrap some gifts. I think that first, I need to go back to bed and try to get a few more hours of sleep. Wish me luck on that.

No comments: