Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Day Off

I slept in this morning in spite of the animals wanting in and out when I wanted to sleep. I got up sometime mid-morning and then had leftover cashew chicken for lunch. I eventually got dressed and headed to the post office in search of stamps. I guess the post office in my area isn’t very trusting as they didn’t have a stamp machine where I could buy stamps during closed hours. I need to mail a check and form to the bank where my car loan is so I can skip a payment for December. That would allow me to have Christmas money to spend. It’s probably wrong of me, but I don’t think I’m going to spend much on my family for Christmas. I will get something for my aunt and uncle because they always send me a check or something. Last year, I did stuff for my brother, sister, and dad but got nothing in return. Though I know it is more about giving, the fact is that I just don’t have much money these days. I’ll spend some on Josh and probably do a little something for Matt, but that’s it. Well, I’m also planning to get the dogs new beds and Lucy a new scratch mat.

It started raining when I left to go on my errands and it has been cold and rainy most of the day. I had to go to Walmart to get catfood and a few things. When I got home, I curled up with a book until I decided to take a nap. I cooked some chili (without beans) and rice for dinner which always seems to be a treat on cold rainy days. I will probably finish my book tonight.

I asked Matt if he was interested in going to see the movie New Year’s Eve but he declined. He said it hadn’t gotten very good reviews and he’d rather see Hugo (though he wanted to read the book first) or The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo – which doesn’t come out until the 21st. I want to see both of those so perhaps we’ll go together. I may go by myself and see New Year’s Eve tomorrow. I’m finding that I actually enjoy getting out and going to the movies – even if it is by myself.

Not sure what the plan will be for tomorrow. Probably finishing my book and some house cleaning. I can’t do any shopping until payday but at least it is early this month. Most of Josh’s presents will be bought online through his amazon wishlist.

No comments: