Thursday, December 08, 2011

Warmth

My heat has been fixed.  The repairman was here for about an hour and he replaced the thermostat.  Thankfully I don’t have to keep using the space heaters.  Though it’s not as cold here as it is back in Canyon, it does get chilly at night.  It’s dropping down into the 40’s at night and gets into the 60’s during the day.  I’m enjoying the temperate weather. 

So after the repairman left, I headed to the liquor store.  I wanted to get some rum for the eggnog tomorrow night.  I picked up a bottle of Captain Morgan black label spiced rum.  I tried some tonight in a cup of hot apple cider and I have to admit that I’m feeling quite nice.  I stopped at Walmart and got another Christmas tree because the one I was planning to put up in the living room is missing the stand it goes in.  I could probably find a replacement stand online, but it’s a bit late to order one.  I bought a new tree instead.  Tonight I decorated a smaller tree with just my Marvin ornaments and red, white, and green lights.  I have to say that it turned out pretty nice. 

marvintree

I think I’m going to bake a cake for dessert tomorrow.  I should probably get started on it so I can get to sleep at a decent hour.  I’m really glad tomorrow is Friday.  I can wear jeans to school and hopefully get caught up with some things I need to do.  The of course there is the company I’ll have tomorrow.  Maybe a little alcohol will allow us to let loose a little.  Or maybe a lot of alcohol. 

3 comments:

Jan said...

Good luck on your dinner tonight, hope it goes just the way you want it to go...just report in so we all know, lol!

jan

Anonymous said...

Have a nice dinner :) and the christmas tree is very pretty indeed!

jan

Andrew said...

This is all so exciting. I have been so proud of you and happy for you! Hey, pass that bottle of Capt. Morgans and let me in on the fun! (just kidding) You are teaching me what responsible drinking is like!