Saturday, December 24, 2011

Digging

Well, I got a little more information last night. He told me at dinner that he had been holding out for a Scrabble player – that he had other girlfriends before, but none of them really got into the game. Turns out that Matt also had a rather lengthy relationship with someone before – 7 years in fact. I didn’t get much else in the way of details, but it was someone that he worked with. He said that it seemed to fizzle in the end.

My impression is that he is shy about new relationships and likes to take things slow. I think he really likes me but isn’t sure how to proceed. I’m still holding out for that hug and I think it has to happen soon. He also said that he liked the fact that I was intelligent. I told him that it was nice to hear and that I thought being smart intimidated some men, and he said again that he likes that about me.

I made parmesan chicken for dinner last night and it turned out pretty well. After dinner he helped me put a new t.v. stand for my bedroom together. After that we watched Blazing Saddles. He’s coming back over tonight around 7:00 and then we are going to midnight mass at 10:30. I’m making beef enchiladas for dinner.

Tomorrow he’s coming over in the morning and we will exchange gifts, have breakfast, and watch A Christmas Story. We head to his friend’s house at 2:00. I should probably study some scrabble words as I think we’ll be playing lots of games tomorrow.

I want to wish a Merry Christmas to all my wonderful blog friends. If I leave your name off below and you’re a loyal reader, let me know! I hope that Andrew, Patti, Mago, Jamie, Jan, LM, Leann, Christina, Carol, Rebecca,and Summer have a very happy and blessed Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Jan

Christina said...

Thank you Anabel for the warm wishes!! I wish you and your scrabble man a joyous holiday!!

big hugs!

Andrew said...

My main home-girl in the blogging world. My favorite blog as well. Merry Christmas to one of hardest working women in America.

Anonymous said...

I have never introduced myself but have been a faithful reader for a number of years. I found you through Andrew. I am a fellow Texan - live in Kyle. Wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and good luck with your new friend. Who knows what the New Year will bring. Jet

Annabel said...

Glad to hear from you Jet! Thanks for de-lurking. We are almost neighbors!

Anyone other readers that have never commented? It would be a great present to find out who reads, but doesn't comment.