Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Insomnia Strikes Again

This time I’ve been awake since 3-something. I just took a tylenol pm in hopes that I’ll get a little more sleep. If I had to work tomorrow, I wouldn’t take anything and just deal with it. But since I can sleep in, I will – assuming it kicks in and I get to sleep in the next hour or so.

Yesterday I headed out shopping again in search of the final beads for Matt’s rosary. I found some that worked and finished the rosary. I thought it turned out pretty well. Even though it is purple, I wanted it to still be masculine so I used black and silver with it. Matt’s favorite color is purple and it’s my favorite color as well. It seems we have quite a bit in common. We’re both librarians, we both drive a Prius, we both like Scrabble (though he is far more passionate about it), we both like roller coasters (of which I am more passionate), both love to read (duh), and like the color purple. He is a San Antonio Spurs fan and I’ve never been to a professional game, though I think he will take me sometime.

He told me that we have have been invited to Christmas dinner by one of his Scrabble friend’s family. I thought it was interesting that he said that “we” were invited – not “I” have been invited and you can come too. It means that he has mentioned me to these friends. He says that they are like his adopted family as he has mentored their son in playing Scrabble and with no family here, they have kind of taken him in.

Josh and I are going to Austin today. We will drive down this afternoon and go to lunch. Then we are going to go see Marty at work at Home Depot and look at BBQ grills. Matt said he would love to grill the steaks he got for Christmas sometime, but he isn’t allowed to have a grill at his apartment. After that, Josh and I will do a little more Christmas shopping and then meet Marty and my other friend Brent for dinner. I’m looking forward to the company.

Josh heads back to Canyon on Wednesday. I just realized that this will be the first Christmas that we have not spent together since he was born. Though I will miss him, I know that he really wants to spend time with his best friend and girlfriend back in Canyon so I’m ok with it. He’s growing up and I know I can’t always have him here. I’m looking forward to getting to spend time with Matt so all is well. I think it would be more difficult if I didn’t have my new friend.

Well, I will go do some internet surfing until the tylenol kicks in and then try to get a few more hours of sleep.

No comments: