Friday, September 24, 2010

Bored on a Friday

It’s Friday evening and I brought a bunch of papers home to grade, but of course I’m not doing any of that. We had an early out at school today and though I was supposed to stay until 4:00 but I left 10 minutes early. I only felt a little bad. So I changed into pajamas and reheated the chili adding lots more stuff and made it more edible this evening. I had a peach for dessert and it was really good. This is a shocking statement because 1. I don’t eat fruits and vegetables as much as I should and 2. I would usually go for the cookie for dessert and I have a package of the thin mint knock-offs in the cabinet. I also have decided to give vitamins another shot. I have to say that I know I should do things like take vitamins, eat better, exercise to be more healthy, but it usually just doesn’t happen. I am horrible about taking pills regularly. Good thing I don’t have to deal with birth control. But I’m going to try vitamins and see if it helps with energy during the day. I think it worked today.

I’ve been sleeping much better – without anything to help. I was in bed by 9:30 last night and fell asleep right away. I was awake early though. I woke up shortly before 4:00 a.m. I tried going back to sleep, but it was no use. I gave up at 5:30 and started getting ready which is about 45 minutes earlier than I normally get up. So I got to school early and worked on grading papers again. I figure I earned leaving 10 minutes early.

Tonight I guess I’ll finish the book I started a few days ago and head to bed early again. Tomorrow will be grading. I’m playing at Mass tomorrow evening which means I’ll have Sunday free. I do need to do some house cleaning – it is getting bad again. The thing about not dating is that I tend to let things go because I don’t have the incentive to keep up with them.

No comments: