Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On a roll

I’m feeling somewhat accomplished these days though I’m still perpetually behind it seems.  I had another active teaching day, but I eventually got my lesson plans done and submitted although they were a few hours late.  It could be worse, last year I didn’t submit lesson plans at all the second semester.  I got home around 5:00 this evening and made a quick dinner and then got started on homework.  I finished my quest activity and just posted it and my evaluation that is due tomorrow.  Now all I lack is writing my thinking response and I just penned my ideas on paper for that.  I’m going to read some articles and see if it sparks anything to add, otherwise I will write it up tomorrow and get it submitted. 

I texted Matthew today and asked about the silent treatment I was getting.  His response was that it was a combination of being busy and trying to figure the world and his life.  Translation:  “I can’t decide who I might be interested or what I really want, so I’m going to go off to my man cave and ignore the world hoping that an answer will magically appear because I can’t deal with anything else.”  I just told him that I figured something was up and to let me know if I could help and I was there if he needed to talk.  His response: “Thanks…you are a sweetheart.”  Translation:  “That will hold her for a few more days thinking I still have an interest, but keeps me from making any kind of commitment to anything else.” 

So, yeah, not expecting much to happen there any more.  I don’t know what it is with guys and their inability to know what they want.  If they’re not ready for a relationship and don’t know what they are looking for, why use an online dating site?  Why make contacts?  I guess they think that they’ll “know” when they see it – but that’s a load of crap.  You have to work to get to know someone and after time, you’ll know one way or the other, but if you KNOW you’re not really ready for a relationship then stop dating.  Ok, enough of my soapbox. 

I really wish that I could stop time for about a month to catch up on work.  Guess I’ll have to muddle through.  I should be grading papers and getting ahead of the game, but we ALL know that isn’t going to happen.  I’m thinking of reading a book instead.  Shhh, don’t tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good, enjoy the book:)

Patti said...

Ah, I'm sorry about Matthew. Sucks.

Enjoy your book, definitely. :)