Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Halfway through the week

I didn’t realize this morning that I hadn’t blogged yesterday. It was a typical day of things always moving too fast. I was a bit miffed about something my principal asked of me yesterday. I’m trying to get my students to turn in their work by assigning tutorials which count as absences if they don’t show. I turned in forms that they signed indicating they were aware of the tutorial and then shows that they were a no show. Before my principal will use these to file on them for absences, she wants me to call parents about it. I’m not against calling parents, but I think an absence is an absence and it is the job of the attendance office to call parents when they miss class. It may be zero hour, but it is a requirement when a tutorial is assigned. It is just one more thing added to the heap of other things I have to get done.

I got an email from one of the teaching assistants yesterday telling me that one of the resources I used for an evaluation wasn’t correct. She gave me the opportunity to turn in a correct one, however, so I did that as soon as I got home yesterday. I then finished my quest so today I have to do this week’s evaluation and post a discussion question. And then I have to grade a million papers.

I have to miss one of my classes and the rest of the afternoon today in order to go to yet more pointless training. So I stayed after school printing copious amounts of notes for my students to copy while I’m gone.

Well, I need to hop in the shower and get going this morning. At least we’re to the halfway point this week.

No comments: