Thursday, August 23, 2007

Almost there

I have made progress on my room. I put all the files in the filing cabinet (although I still need to go through the files and organize them) and have most of the boxes unpacked. There are two boxes of extra "stuff" that I'll get to one of these days. It's not crucial stuff and it just needs to be gone through slowly. I have a small box of items that I'll deal with tomorrow. I need to make plans for the first week of school, which I'll also do tomorrow. I put my curtains up today and figured out the length. I pinned them so that I could hem them tonight. I got a lot of compliments on them today. I still need to find material for my bulletin boards, but I have a rainbow of color choices with my curtains. I'll go to walmart tomorrow and get some material. I have a little bit of organizing/cleaning to do in my office and in the storage room, and I'll be set...almost. My computers in the classroom aren't set up yet and I can't print anything.

I have the same parking space and morning duty that I did last year. I'm disappointed to some degree because I'd like to have a closer spot, but it could be far worse... and be across the street. Morning duty is in the cafeteria, which isn't too bad, but I'd rather have a nice quiet hallway. Oh well. It's on Fridays and I miss a lot of those during the year.

I stayed until 5:00 today. I was exhausted by the time I got home. I actually started writing this blog around 6:00, but other things came up. I made dinner. (If you call heating a frozen pizza in the oven making dinner.) I watched t.v. for an hour and then I decided to run to walmart and see if I could find some fabric for my bulletin boards. I found some but nobody was around to cut it. I then went and picked up some other items. I came back to the fabric place about 15 minutes later and there still wasn't anyone there, but there were two other ladies waiting to have fabric cut. Finally a manager came and did the cutting for us.

I sewed the hem on my curtains and now I'm ready to go to bed. Tomorrow will be another long day. We have a meeting all morning in the library and then in the afternoon we're supposed to meet with our departments. I'm going to get some books and scripts from the other teacher and then finish working in my room. We'll, I'm going to call it a night.


Anonymous said...

WOW, you are busiy!
What is this "morning duty" in the cafeteria you talk about?

Annabel said...

In the mornings when students are eating in the cafeteria, I have to walk around and monitor them. I have to make sure they're not doing anything wrong, having fights, etc. I have to do this once a week on Fridays.

abbagirl74 said...

It's almost here! Can't wait to hear about the kids and other teachers.

Anonymous said...

"Pausenaufsicht" - the teacher on the yard while it is pause. Thank you.