Monday, August 06, 2007

Woo Hoo - More questions!

This time from Summer -

Did you grow up in Texas? Yes, I'm the only native Texan in the family. Everyone else was born in Indiana. I have never lived anywhere but Texas and have never lived outside of the Texas Panhandle. In actuality, I've lived in the Amarillo or Canyon area since I was six. I do travel, however, and have been to half the states in the U.S. at some point as well as Mexico and the Caribbean.

Did both of your parents work? Yes, my parents both worked. When I was little, my dad owned a t.v./appliance store/repair shop. That store burned down when I was little. I think they rebuilt, but they eventually had to declare bankruptcy because of a matter dealing with a family inheritance. My mother worked as a waitress. Later when we moved to Amarillo my dad worked as a maintenance supervisor at a packing plant and my mom eventually worked at the plant in the scale house. She worked there the rest of her life and only stopped working in the last month before she died. My dad eventually started doing some electrical panel design work for another company and has always done that kind of work for the most part. He owned his own shop for the past several years until he somewhat retired a couple of years ago. He now works for my uncle doing all sorts of jobs.

What was your favorite TV show growing up? Believe it or not, Sesame Street started the exact same day as my birth. I enjoyed watching it when I was fairly little. I don't know that I can choose one favorite as my interests changed. I enjoyed watching Happy Days, Lavern and Shirley, The Facts of Life, The Love Boat. When I was really little, I had an obsession with Bonanza. On Saturday mornings, my favorite was Scooby Doo and I loved all the Schoolhouse Rock videos.

What color was your first bicycle? My first bicycle was white. I got it when I was five, but didn't learn to ride it until I was six and moved to Amarillo. I had a hard time keeping bicycles when I was a kid because my brother always took them apart. He would hang the parts to all sorts of bicycles on an old swing set in the back yard and would sell them. Finally in 6th grade my parents got me yet another bicycle and forbade my brother to touch it. Even when I got a flat tire, I wouldn't let him change it and I did it myself (somehow) just so he wouldn't touch it.

Did you like dolls? If so, do you remember their names? I didn't have baby type dolls when I was a kid. I did have some stuffed animals that I remember and I played with Barbie dolls. I remember one of my favorites was a dolphin that I named (of course) Flipper. I did play with Fisher Price Little People however. (When they were actually "little")

What is your favorite color to wear? For some reason my closet probably has more black than anything, but it's not necessarily my favorite color to wear. I have a number of favorite colors like purples, blues, and greens. One of my favorite shirts is a magenta colored top. I wear almost every color except I don't wear much orange or yellow. I had my colors done when I was in high school and I have a "summer" complexion so cool tones are what looks best on me.

What is your favorite perfume? Right now my favorite is a scent called "Intuition" by Estee Lauder. It's the first perfume that I discovered and decided I liked on my own with no male influence. Unfortunately, I won't buy it for myself as it's pretty expensive (to me). Luckily, my brother bought me a large bottle for Christmas one year and I've had it for a couple of years now. It's getting close to empty, however. When I was married, I wore "Red Door" because that is what my husband liked. I also enjoy "Passion" by Victoria Secret.

Sweet or unsweetened tea? Sweet tea... but sweetened myself and preferably not pre-sweetened. Though I like flavored teas as well.

Do you like grits? Ewwww.... no. I don't like grits. (I don't like eggs either.) But give me some bacon and hashbrowns and I'm a happy camper.

Anyone else have questions? I'm game!

1 comment:

Summer said...

That was fun! Thanks for answering my questions. I hope you have a good day today.