Monday, August 27, 2007

First day back to school

And I survived. I'm tired, of course. I got to school early, but not as early as I wanted. I got my bulletin board material hung up. Today's classes were o.k. My upper-level classes (oral interp and debate) are somewhat small which is o.k. One of my basic speech classes is huge (for me) with 20 students. I don't even have enough desks for them. The other speech class has 8. I really don't like sharing my room. I have a hard time concentrating and getting things done in my office. I need to get some curtains soon. I may have two teaching assistants this year. There's not enough time to get everything done. I've decided to try to not carpool this year. I need to be able to stay after school and work on lesson or with students as necessary. I hope I can afford it. I just don't like to be tied down to another person's schedule. I need to be able to get copies made, but there's not enough time it seems.
I had to leave school by 4:00 to get home in time for Josh's bed delivery, but I didn't get out until 10 after. I made it home just as they were leaving in their truck. Luckily Josh was here. I made a quick dinner a little after 5:00 and then had to take Josh to band at 6:00. I went back around 6:45 to hear them perform part of the music for this year. I didn't get home until 7:45 and then Josh and I had to move his old bed out of his room and put his new mattress in. He also informed me of even more expenses for his dual credit class. I'm going to have to spend another $200 for an online text book and two other text books. Josh may have to pay for it and I'll pay him back at some point. He's only a junior and he's getting pretty expensive.

Well, I'm heading to bed soon. I've had a full day.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Wow, sounds like you had a full day. How's the headache? Gone for good I hope.

I went into speech class dreading it as I'm very shy. By the end I had learned how to be confident on the outside while screaming on the