Friday, August 31, 2007

My Patience Tested

Nothing of interest at school today. It was a typical day. I stayed for about an hour after school. I then headed home and had a quick bite. I left for the game in Amarillo around 6:45 and go there right when it started at 7:30. I enjoyed watching Josh as drum major. I did not, however, enjoy the kids running up and down the stands and being obnoxious. I guess I'm not very patient. It drove me crazy. I counted 14 in my immediate area. Some were sliding up and down the railings. Others were playing with cards and the bulk of them were running all around screaming and playing keep away with a shirt of some sort. I was wondering where their parents were. I would have been mortified if Josh had acted in such a way when he was about 8 or 9. Perhaps I've just blocked out that age, but I'd like to think I was never that bad. I don't think Josh was either. I know football games aren't that exciting for kids. Heck, I don't go for the game, myself. I'm there for the band. I know it's about being social, but how can parents just let their kids run wild? I didn't get much out of the show tonight since I watched from the back. I thought they did pretty well for what I could hear and see. I left shortly after halftime was over. I had enough of the kids and I didn't want to deal with traffic later.

I'm still trying to figure out the band website thing and I'm very frustrated by it. I'm too tired to think about it any more. I'm going to head to bed and enjoy sleeping past 7:00 tomorrow.

No comments: