Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Only Wednesday

I'm exhausted. This morning came way too fast. I did not want to get out of bed. I probably would have hit the snooze if I hadn't had to pee. I got to school on time and we had meetings all day. Most of them were the same old information that we get every year. I did a little work in my room during lunch. Then we had more pointless meetings. I left by 4:00 so I could pick Josh up from his lesson. He's trying out for a youth symphony on Friday. After his lesson, we met my dad and his g/f for dinner. I went out on a limb and ordered something I never have before. (That is a feat in itself as I tend to order the same things over and over when I find something I like.) I had bacon wrapped shrimp which was o.k. but the bacon was a bit salty. We got home around six and I could have gone to bed easily, but I'm forcing myself to stay up until at least 9:00. I decided to go ahead and take my shower in hopes of waking me up some and so I wouldn't have to get up as early in the morning. Tomorrow is a work day so I'm going to tackle the filing. And yes, Susan, I will take pictures once everything is done in my room. Right now there's lots of empty boxes and stuff that's haphazard and I want to get that cleared first. I've gotten compliments on the color from a lot of people. Today, however, the teacher that I had issues with before made a bit of a snide comment in the hallway about me painting over the giant cow head on the wall that the previous teacher had painted last year. I hate to not like someone because I'm the type of person that can be friends with anyone. Whether or not we agree on things, have different tastes, whatever... I can like a person as long as they are civil. I don't know what it is about this teacher but she continues to rub me the wrong way. It's just her attitude I guess. I hate when I have to be around her. I don't hate her, but I guess I would have to say that I don't like her much. I don't harbor ill-will towards her, but I guess I just try to avoid her when possible.

Now I'm used to people having wrong impressions about me. Many times people have said that they took me for a snob simply because I tend to be quiet. I think for the most part, I'm anything but a snob. Perhaps I have the wrong impression of this teacher but the feeling hasn't really waned. There have been times, however, that we've conversed and it's been friendly-ish. I guess I'll just continue with my avoidance tactic. I'm not one to be confrontational. I suppose that if she ever actually her my feelings or was rude, I might say something, but right now it's just one of those feelings. Surely you know what I'm talking about, right? Or maybe it's just me.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I know what you're talking about. I'm friendly to all my co-workers, but there's one that doesn't even look at me. I'm not sure why, but we avoid each other and it will probably remain that way. Weird.

Summer said...

I'm very quiet too. People think I'm unsociable or a snob. It's ok. I know the type of person you are and I like you. Like I've always said, "You, inspire me!"

Get some rest.

Unknown said...

I had a co-worker like that once, from the first we didn't "click". Overtime it turned out that we were morally opposed...I would never be able to see were she was coming from. Once I accepted this life was way easier, and I didn't avoid her, except on those very yucky days. I hope things get better and you only have one "crazymaking" co worker.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, do not know what causes it. There are simply people that do not fit together. No hate, no fight, just stay away. An uncomfortable feeling.

Terri said...

hey annabel...when you get a chance come on over to my place, I have a little something for you.