Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Hard Day's Work

I got up early, shortly after 6:00 a.m., and got ready for work. I headed out around 7:15 and got to Hereford 30 minutes later. This morning was breakfast. Luckily, they serve more than just eggs so it was pretty good. I had potatoes, bacon, sausage, and fruit. Surprisingly, we finished by 9:30 this morning so after that I headed back to the school and continued unpacking. At 11:30 I went to Walmart to get some supplies and then to Sonic for lunch. This afternoon we went on our home visits. I didn't say much as all the houses that we went to in which someone was home consisted of parents that only spoke Spanish. Nobody was home at a few of the houses. We did our visits in about an hour and 15 minutes. I spent another two hours working on my room. I got most everything unpacked other than stuff that needs to be sorted and filed. I hung up posters, organized my office and tidied up. One of my former students came by to visit for a bit.

I left work around 5:00 and came home. I made dinner (spaghetti with meatsauce and cheesy breadsticks) and then I started working on the curtains. I'm at a stand still with the curtains and I think I need to get them hung and then I can pin them for hemming. I'm pretty tired now and will be heading to bed soon.

Oh, I did get a compliment of sorts today. One of the new assistant principals came by to visit me and said that she wanted to use my substitute notebook that I put together last year as an example of what it's supposed to look like. She said it had everything that they wanted in it. I thought that was pretty cool - but then again, I am quite the over-achiever. Well, I'm going to catch up on blogs and then head to bed soon.

1 comment:

Susanlee said...

I always thought that Hereford had the best Sonic. Not sure why...maybe it's because every time I've ended up there I've been super hungry...You'll post pics of your finished room right?