Monday, February 07, 2005

Apathy

I wonder why it is that I simply don't care much about very many topics. I've been randomly checking out blogs by clicking "next" on them. It seems everyone has an opinion about something. Mostly political I guess. I just really don't care. I know I should have an opinion and care about the world I live in. I should be able to take a stand on things, but I just like living in my own little space. Give me my paycheck, my freedom to spend it, let me choose who my friends are and leave me alone!

Here's what I do feel:
Abortion is wrong, but it's not for me to decide whether someone can have one or not.

The education system needs reform and teachers should be paid a lot more. Schools need to go back to swats.

The death penalty is just when there's no doubt of a person's guilt.

The welfare system is good thing, but it's not designed to help people get OFF of welfare.

Health insurance should be more affordable and there should be limits to malpractice suits.

Smoking should be banned in all public places. I don't mean to offend smokers out there, but it's my lungs that are affected as well when I have to share a space with smokers. After watching my mother die of lung cancer, I don't want to follow in her footsteps. Smoking is a choice despite it being an addiction.

Despite my opinions on these topics, they're not something that I will go on rants about. I generally will respectfully disagree with an opposing viewpoint. Maybe it's my passive, shy personality that makes me this way. Maybe I am just truly apathetic to it all. I guess I sit here in my own little world and as long as it doesn't affect me, I don't bother with it. Sad, perhaps, but the truth.



No comments: