Friday, February 25, 2005

Gimme a break, would ya?

Most of my loyal readers are quite aware of my financial strain at the moment as I seem to bitch about it regularly. I thought perhaps, just maybe I could get a break. Wishful thinking.
Went to Sunray today. Headed back to Amarillo through Dumas as one usually would do and made a decision to take a road I hadn't gone down before because it was closer to the edge of town and I would avoid more traffic. As I'm driving I'm actually thinking.. "mmm I wonder what the speed limit is?" As soon as that thought pops into my head and I'm driving about 40 mph I see a lovely police officer and the sign that says it's 30 mph. "Darn it". (Though that's not actually the phrase that popped into my head, but I'm trying to keep this journal kind of nice.)
Get pulled over. And OF COURSE I don't have my driver's license because I think my bank stole it. He gave me a ticket for speeding but not the driver's license. I cried until I was about half-way to Amarillo. It just seems to pile on. The more I thought about it, the madder I got. I'm really hoping that the 30 mph sign I did see was the only one on that road. Because if it is, I'm going to fight the ticket. It wasn't posted until a good mile down and the officer clocked me at 40 before I even got to that sign. If not, well, I'm screwed and I'll ask the judge to let me serve jail time or something in lieu of the court costs and fine. I simply cannot afford it right now.
Last night Josh informed me that he lost the check I wrote for his lessons so if it's not found I'll have to put a stop payment on that. (Another $14) He comes home today telling me that he thinks someone took his clarinet by accident after school. Given that they all have the same case it wouldn't be a surprise that it happenedby accident and I really hope that's the case.
Since I can't find my license I'm going to have to get it replaced.
And still no child support. No surprise there.
I hate being a grown-up. I wonder if there's any way I could run away from home.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I just wanted to write and say I always appreciate you commenting on my blog. I find you a bright and very intelligent person with meaningful things to say. You have a unique insight into life.

I wish there was something I could say or do to help you with your current situation. I hate to hear that about the child support. After me and Rachel divorced, I always made sure her bills were paid and that the utilities were kept on. I was living in a tent at the time when I was homeless but I felt a responsibility for her well being. I only drew $837 a month in disability but gave her $300 dollars a month. This paid her utilities.

I loved her very much despite all our problems. I sometimes dream I would win the lottery and would give half of it to her just so she is seen about. I would love to show up at our old home on the front door step and change her life with a very generous check. Maybe someday if I get a good job after college I will start to send her money again even though see may not want to take it. Knowing Rachel though she would jump at the opportunity.

Anyways, hang in there and realize you have online friends that care about you and hope things get better. You are definitely not alone and we all share your experiences through your blog postings.

I hope this didn’t come across as to personal or presumptuous. I have just grown to care about you and want to see things go well for you. Hang in there with Marty. He seems like a nice guy.