Thursday, February 24, 2005

I'm so very tired

It's been a long day. I stayed up last night working on an application for teaching. I'm not quite ready to turn it in, but thought I should perhaps start working on it. I guess I'm going to wait and see how things turn out, but I'm not hopeful. If it really looks like I won't get child support for a while or if it's reduced considerably, then I'll have to talk to my boss about it. It's doubtful that he can make up what I could make teaching.
There's a lot of reasons why going back to teaching would be good. Less travel. Save money on gas. Health insurance. More money. Still have summers off.
But I'd hate it. I shouldn't be so damned pessimistic, but five years of junior high kids really took it's toll. Perhaps high school really would be different. Problem is that there wouldn't be a great deal of availablity in my teaching choices. I absolutely refuse to teach English though I am certified. If I had to go back to teaching, I have to have some standards.
But I also really like my current job. It has a great deal of flexibility, lots of creativity is involved and all my advisers really love me and think I'm wonderful. Going into teaching you deal with kids that could care less about you and the class and are out to make your life as miserable as possible. Maybe it's all in the attitude, but I've been out there. I know.
So I tried to sleep in this morning after staying up until 1:30, but didn't really work. Went to my schools then my aerobics class. It kicked my butt today because I was so tired. So I came home, had some leftovers, watched CSI, and am sitting in bed pondering my financial woes. But I'm almost too tired to think. I think it's time to get some sleep.

1 comment:

PEG said...

Funny...if I was to go into teaching at all, almost the only thing I'd feel qualified to teach is English. In spite of how I write and talk sometimes, I really do love the language.