Saturday, April 02, 2005

Showcase is over

Well, overall the show was very good. They had a lot of good music choices this year. Josh said it was the best yet. It would have been better for me had my clarinet not had two keys that got stuck in the middle of playing. So I faked about half of it. But oh well. I still enjoyed just being a part of it. I would have to say I did a better job singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic at the end. (Soprano, even) Afterwards, I ran into a few friends from college and we went to TGIFridays for dinner. We had a lot of fun. Some people that got to see Josh for the first time in several years were impressed by him. I love that he still loves music. I think he will make a fine career out of it. So when he wins the academy award for best musical score... remember this blog.
Still not sure about the deal with Marty. I guess I'll just leave him alone and when he calls, he'll call. I shouldn't force the issue and frankly I'm just tired of playing the guessing game with him.
I'm actually looking forward to going to Mass on Sunday. It will probably be quite solemn given the condition of the Pope. I do hope he is at peace soon.
I guess I'm getting used to my hair. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought. It is MUCH easier to style and it doesn't need much upkeep. Still not sure. Josh says it makes me look older. I'm thinking maybe I look a little thinner in the face with it. O.k. I'll take a picture this weekend and let you be the judge.
Well, off to bed. I'm really tired. Good thing I don't have to do anything or go anywhere tomorrow.

No comments: