Friday, April 29, 2005

T.G.I.F?

Yes, it's good that it's Friday and I don't have to work tomorrow. Went to two schools today. I got one of my ex's divorce decrees that I need for my annulment. The other two I can get in Amarillo next week. Then I can start the proceedings and get it over with. You're wondering why? Since I'm not even dating or have any plans to get married? Because I'm doing it for me. To put that part of my past behind me.

I do have the hope to marry again some day. I pray it's God's will for me to find the right man. Yes, I thought it was Marty. But even though he didn't think so, I know that Marty's presence in my life had great importance. I'm so thankful for that. And yeah, I miss him. I'm not wallowing in sorrow over it, I'm moving on and living life. But I do think about him from time to time. I wonder how he's doing. I pray for him daily. And maybe he'll stay in touch with me. And I have to leave that up to him. But love certainly doesn't fade that quickly.

So now it's a Friday night and what am I doing? Watching Forensic Files on t.v. and reading a book. I'm wondering if I'm going to get to see my friend Bret next week. He's the one that is the Baptist minister in California and is worried about my soul now that I'm converting to Catholicism. The book I'm reading is helping me understand a lot of what I think he's thinking in that regard. I don't want to get into a debate with him, but I am going to be firm in my decision. I haven't seen him in 3 years though and I hope he'll have the time to visit.

I still don't know what to do about the job situation. I haven't gotten an offer for the speech position and I may not. But I do have to think about the possibility. I still have the interview next week for the technology position that might be interesting as well. All I can do at the moment is pray about it which is what I've been doing.

And that's my life as it is at the moment.

No comments: