Friday, August 11, 2006

At least it's Friday

Today was both productive and a waste. This morning was a work day so I got quite a bit done in my room. I was a bit put off, however, when another teacher came to my room. If you know me at all, I am not confrontational and tend to be a pretty pleasant person. I don't purposely say things to tick people off and I'm pretty even tempered in most situations...well, at least professionally. I'm sure my ex-husband might have a different opinion, but that is within a different context. This teacher, however, came in and just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't say anything and stayed pleasant, but she seemed to come in with an attitude. The room I am in now was another teacher's room that left. She was part of the business department. Some things left in the room and most things in the storage area were part of that department. This teacher along with another teacher seemed to just barge in without even a friendly "hello" and start going about getting some the things that belonged to their department. I really don't have a problem with this, but to me, it could have been more friendly. I think she was upset because I had asked about having the stuff in the storage room moved at some point because I wanted to use it for a book room. I never asked her, but conveyed this to my principal who talked to the technology director who talked to the business teachers. This particular teacher commented a few times saying that she wasn't going to be moving anything out because it wasn't her job. I don't mean to complain here, but what other source do I have to vent?

During my brief lunch break, I ran to walmart to try to find some border material to finish my bulletin board. I didn't find anything that I loved so I think I'll run up to Amarillo tomorrow. I didn't have time to eat before going to a pointless meeting at the administration building. It was the same old stuff... bloodborn pathogen training, district policies and such. After the meeting, I went to my old room to clear stuff off of my old computer and have my tables moved. I had some personal tables that I brought up last year since I didn't have enough and extras couldn't be located. Then I went back to my room to tidy up and I took a few pictures of my room.

Once home, I immediately heated up the leftover pizza because I was starving. Now I'm waiting for Monk to come on. I will probably go to bed a decent hour as I'm already quite tired. I need to remember to start taking my vitamins in the morning.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

You new classroom looks great. Thanks for the pics Annabel. Back to the old grind, eh?