Thursday, August 26, 2010

Almost the end of the week

I did sleep a little more last night.  Matthew called around 9:15 and he picked me up and we headed to Braum’s for ice cream.  We visited for about 30 minutes, then he brought me home.  We kissed good night and hugged for a bit.  He was leaving early this morning for a flight to Louisville to see his daughters.  I made my bed before he picked me up so I got in bed almost immediately.  I fell asleep within the hour but woke up a few times.  I was able to go back to sleep except at 4:00 a.m.  I don’t know what it is about that time, but it’s getting old. 

School was ok.  I just let my students finish their projects.  I’m already behind in my “planned” lessons.  But I’m glad tomorrow is Friday.  I only got a few things done today and I’ll probably be at school for a long while tomorrow.  I have to get ready for the workshop that’s going on.  I also have to get packed and ready to head to Denton. 

I brought home stuff to work on but I doubt I’ll do much of it.  I do have to choose my class assistants by tomorrow but that’s it.  I’m going to try again to sleep without the ambien tonight.  I’ll take it tomorrow since I know I’ll need a good night’s sleep. 

There’s nothing much more to report.  I texted Matthew early this morning and he sent me texts back letting me know he made it safely to his destination.  He did say last night that he was going to tell his daughters about me so I think that’s a good sign.  We’re moving slowly, but I think that’s a good thing.  I do wish we could have spent more time together this week, but perhaps next week after I get back. 

I’m going to go check out my grad school class and then call it an early night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see that he showed up. :)

Christina said...

Hi,

I really enjoy reading your blog. You have a neat writing style and positive attitude.

Just wanted to say hi and be well!

Annabel said...

Thanks for reading Hap! I try to stay positive most of the time, but will confess that I do have moments of frustration. My blog is my therapy so you'll get some rants every now and then.