Friday, August 13, 2010

When you least expect it

Well, I was basically going to write Matthew off thinking that he just must not be interested in me since I hadn’t heard from him.  Lo, and behold I got an email this morning that apologized for not writing sooner, but he had some major deadlines at work and his secretary’s mother had passed away so he was dealing with those issues and now his grandson is coming for a visit over the weekend.  But he did say he would still like to get together.  I emailed him back and said that I was sorry to hear about his secretary’s mother (I’ve known the secretary for a few years) and that I understood that things were going on and when he found some free time we could get together.  He emailed me back later this morning stating that sometime next week he would head this way one evening or evenings and we would do some of the fun things I had mentioned in my other email such as mini golf, bowling, movie etc.  His last line of the email also said this: “FYI, I do enjoy spending time with you....thanks.”

So maybe not all is lost on the dating front.  I guess I’ll go with the flow and just see how things happen.  I have to remember that guys don’t think like me – maybe even most people don’t think like me and I have to realize that because someone doesn’t immediately reply that they’ve lost interest. 

In other news, my second night with ambien went fine.  It still took about an hour for it to kick in, but I took it at 9 p.m. last night.  I was awake around 7:00 and forced myself out of bed at 7:20.  I was still a little groggy, but not any worse than any other “normal” drug free day.  I’m just not a morning person in general and I would rather sleep as late as possible so forcing myself to get up earlier than I want is always a struggle. 

I headed to Amarillo to have my lab work done – this time I remembered the prescription form and my insurance card.  They drew blood and I peed in a cup.  Then I came home and picked up Donuts and milk.  I can’t drink white milk unless it is in cereal, with cookies, or donuts.  Now, I’m waiting until 10:00 to take Mollie and Lucy to the vet.  That should be loads of fun and cost an arm and leg.

Other than that, I don’t have plans this afternoon.  I’m not going to go up to school to work.  I do have the evening planned to meet some of my fellow speech teachers at 4:00 and go to happy hour.  That will be a fun girls’ night. 

2 comments:

Leann said...

I just took my Tig Tig to the vet today...for the second time in two weeks....I am now minus one arm and half a leg.

Anonymous said...

HA - when one does not expect them!