Saturday, August 14, 2010

My “friend” returns

Insomnia reared its ugly head last night.  I hadn’t gotten the prescription for ambien filled and I already used my two samples but I had high hopes that I would be able to sleep last night as I felt exhausted.  I wanted to go to sleep around 8:30 but forced myself to stay up until 10:00.  I did fall asleep rather quickly but woke up around 1:30 a.m. with heartburn and could not get back to sleep.  I took something for the heartburn but was still awake around 4:00 a.m.  I think I drifted off here and there after that.  Today I’m going to get the prescription filled.

I enjoyed meeting my friends yesterday for happy hour.  We met at a Mexican restaurant that has $1 margaritas.  We had dinner and two margaritas each and discussed plans for our upcoming speech meeting.  We left around 7:00 and as I came into town, I was hit by a massive rain storm.  It was almost to the point where I couldn’t see to drive and the streets were totally flooded.  I consider myself lucky that I made it to my house – especially in my very low profile car.  It continued to rain for another hour after that.

Today I’m going to drop off my prescription, then head to the Toyota place and have my oil changed and tires rotated.  Then I’m not sure what I’ll do with my afternoon.  I have some laundry to do so I guess I’ll do that.  I *could* clean the garage, but I don’t think I’m that ambitious today. 

No comments: