Saturday, August 28, 2010

A long day

I took my ambien last night because I knew I needed a good night’s sleep and I did sleep through the night.  I still didn’t quite want to get up at 6:00 a.m. but I did after hitting the snooze button twice.  I left to head to the school at 6:45 and went to pick up donuts.  I started to go through the drive through lane and noticed two cars there and didn’t want to wait.  In my impatience I backed up and because it was dark, I didn’t see the light pole behind me and I scraped my back side panel on the cement.  So now I have a lovely set of scratches on my car. 

I got to school around 7:20 and I got ready for the meeting.  I hung up signs, set up tables with breakfast goodies, and waited for people to arrive.  I was getting worried when we didn’t have very many people by 8:30, but we had a rush of several at the end.  I think we had about 25 people show up.  My session went well, but I had to rush a little at the end as I had so much to share!  At the business meeting, one of the speech teachers told me that she thought all the sessions were great and that she got a lot out of all of the ones she attended.  The business meeting went well but did run a bit long.  I wanted to leave by 2:30 so I could get home by 3:00 and be on the road shortly after that.  I ended up going back to the school so I could put out all my sub stuff and I still didn’t have time to get my seating charts finished.  I’m going to work on them tomorrow and email them to a fellow teacher and have her put them in my folders and sub notebook. 

I was on the road to Denton shortly before 4:00 p.m. and arrived right at 9:00 p.m.  The hotel is really nice.  I got it for a steal.  I’ve been using Hotwire to reserve rooms and it’s a gamble because you never know what hotel you’re going to get until you’ve made the reservation and paid for it.  All you know is their star rating such as it being a 2 1/2 or 3 star hotel and what brands typically are used within those ratings.  I ended up paying $44 a night and the hotel seems very new.  The furnishings and decor are all modern and its very clean.  Obviously the internet connection works so I’m as happy as a clam. 

Josh had called while I was on my way here and I missed the call because my phone fell somewhere in the car that I couldn’t get to.  I called him when I got here and he didn’t answer but he called me back.  He didn’t call for any particular reason other than to see how things were going.  He is such a good son.  I’m incredibly lucky. 

Well, I think I’m going to try sleeping without ambien tonight.  I feel pretty tired after the long day followed by a long drive.  Class tomorrow at 8:00 a.m.


Anonymous said...

I hope you'll find the time after all this to sleep without being woken by the alarm clock, one of the coming days ...

Annabel said...

Maybe in December during Christmas break I'll be able to sleep in.