Sunday, August 08, 2010

Another Room to Go

Unless you count the garage – which I don’t at the moment.  That is another project in and of itself.  I don’t know why I can never keep the garage clean.  I clean it out and then just fill it up again.  I need to have a garage sale soon and get rid of the couch and giant t.v. that is currently taking up space right now. 

I’ve cleaned the kitchen, living room, and Josh’s bathroom.  My house is at least fit for company right now.  My bedroom and bathroom needs to cleaned, but I’m losing motivation fast.  I figure that nobody ever goes in there but me, so what’s the point?  I’m washing my bedding at least right now.  I’ll try to do a little here and there today.  It’s not horrible (well aside from the bathroom) but just a lot of little things to deal with.  Since I was gone pretty much most of June, a lot of the unpacking needs to be dealt with.  I’ve cleared out suitcases and put clothes in the laundry, but it’s the little things – papers from workshops, bathroom items, books, etc. that need to find their place. 

Yesterday I finally got a guy to come over and take care of the weeds on my curb… well, he mostly did.  He didn’t do the weeds in the street which I guess is technically the city’s problem, but they probably should have been cut down as well.  I pulled up some weeds on the driveway and swept it so at least it doesn’t look like a jungle.  I even found the weed spray yesterday so I spray everything today.  I just hate yard work.  I would much rather have a low maintenance place with little to no yard than the giant ones I have now.  I live on a corner lot so I have two front yards and my backyard is one giant hill.  I don’t know what I’ll do when Josh leaves again. 

I haven’t heard anything from Matthew since the brief email yesterday.  I don’t know if it is me, but even if guys are not very communicative, I would think that if he’s truly interested that he would find the time for an email.  I mean what could be so demanding that you can’t send an email?  This is why I originally wrote him off before.  We emailed back and forth in June and then I didn’t hear anything from him for almost a month.  I even told him in an email that I thought that he wasn’t interested.  He then told me that he was dealing with family issues with his daughters.  Maybe once again my expectations are too high.  My ex-husband always said that about me.  Perhaps it is just my impatience right now. 

I’m not sure if the fingernails will last much longer.  One of them broke today.  Even though they have been kind of nice to have, I’m not sure it is really me.  Well, I’m going to go take a shower and head to church this morning.  Maybe this afternoon I’ll have the energy to attack the bedroom and bathroom.

1 comment:

63mago said...

So you'll have a clean house and no more packed suitcases - this is good. Matthew seems not to be really interested in building up a relationship, a little bit more effort is surely not too much to be expected. I am sorry, Annabel.