Monday, July 09, 2007

Alone Again

I'm tired. I'm still having sleep issues. I actually went to bed at a decent hour and fell asleep pretty well. I was amazed... until 3-something this morning. I finally gave up and got up around 4:00 a.m. I got online and read blogs and surfed a bit. I also remembered that I needed to fill out a recommendation form for one of my students so I did that as well. I finally tried to go back to bed around 5:30. I think maybe I fell asleep after 6:30 or so because I remember seeing the sun start to come up. I know I slept some, but it was very haphazard. Josh called me a little after nine to tell me how his audition went. He felt pretty good about it but he's not sure about getting the high "G" out saying he kind of fumbled it. He really wants to make Honors band this year so I'm hoping that he did well enough for that. I didn't really write about yesterday other than church so let me get on with that.

After church, I came home and then decided to not cook anything for lunch. I got Josh's order and ran up to Sonic. Josh ate and continued to pack. He asked me to quiz him to make sure he packed everything. We headed up to registration at 1:00 thinking that might be a good time to go. We were WRONG. If we had been brilliant by sending in his photo digitally, it would have been no problem, but because he had to have his picture taken, it took an hour. And then, they had technical difficulties so he didn't even get his name tag. At least while he was waiting I was able to go pay for a private lesson and get his tickets to go to the musical TEXAS and to Wonderland (Amusement park). After he was finally out of the long registration line, he realized we had left his water at home so we came back to pick it up. We then went over to the dorms so he could check in. Of course he was on the second floor again. So we lugged all his stuff up to his room.

After that I headed to Amarillo. I went to visit my dad's girlfriend who is recovering from surgery she had last week. We had a very nice long visit and she may start blogging soon. After that, I went to the hospital to see my friend Pam and her daughter. I stayed about 30 minutes there because they were both tired. Kami actually had fallen asleep so I gave Pam her rosary that I had made her. After that, I went to My Thai to eat. It was close by and it used to be my favorite Thai place in Amarillo. It was o.k. but I guess I'm getting used to the place in Canyon now. While there, my aunt called me so I talked to her for a bit. Josh had called me earlier and told me that he forgot to pack towels. I headed home and got some towels gathered up. I had to wait to take them since he had to have meeting at his dorm first. I went to the grocery store to get a few things and then took the towels to him shortly before 9:00 p.m. I headed home after that, watched a little t.v. and was in bed by 10:30... but we know how that went.

Now I don't know what to do. I should go up to Hereford today, but I really don't want to. I haven't decided if I'm going to go or not. I do have to get out shortly to put the recommendation for my student in the mail. I also have to go up to camp and give Josh the candy bars I bought him at the store but forgot to give him. I'm trying to figure what I should start doing here at the house. I'm just not feeling very motivated right now. I don't know if I'm going to play in director's band or not yet. I need to see if my clarinet will play well enough. I also need to check with my principal about the BLT (Building leadership team) meeting that is next week. If it goes all day, I won't be able to play because that is when the concert is. I do want to play though. I always love being a part of a large musical ensemble and director's band is awesome every year. Well, I'm either going to to get ready or get some more rest.

No comments: