Friday, July 13, 2007

The end of the week

I think I'm glad it's Friday. I wished I could have slept better last night. I had a little bit of a pity party last night but I'm getting over it. Maybe it's just the lack of sleep. I went to bed around 2:00 and was up at 7:00. I got up and then went back to bed for a couple of hours. I picked my friend, Kirsten, and her parents up at 11:00 so we could go to theater. We got there in time to get tickets, but the snack line was really long. I was kind of disappointed. I know the prices are outrageous, but it just doesn't seem the same to be popcornless at the movies. I did enjoy the movie. Yes, they took some liberties as they always do and several things got cut, but overall, I thought they kept true to the basic storyline. It might be my favorite movie of the series. I'll have to watch it again, I'm sure. My friend's parents bought us lunch after the movie which was really nice of them. We went to Schlotzkey's. Tomorrow I'm going to make a roast. It's a small one and even though it's too much for one person, I can have leftovers for a couple of days.
I did finally get to see Josh briefly. I had to take him his electric shaver that he forgot. Band was pretty good even though our director was late today - which normally would be unusual, but it happened last summer as well. I really need to practice this weekend. There's some things that go really fast and I don't quite have it down at this point.
I am very excited that the new season of Monk and Psych are on tonight. Josh wants me to record it so I've got to find a tape and figure out how to work the vcr again. Yes, I know I should get tivo, but I've looked into it and I simply can't afford it right now. Simply having digital cable with HBO and high speed internet is already a luxury item that costs a fortune.
I got my charger in the mail today so my battery is charging. I'm not sure how long it will take, but hopefully I'll get to take pictures again soon. Well.. gotta go be unproductive again.

1 comment:

Billy said...

I am going to try and see the movie this week. We saw Transformers last night - loved it! Harry is next!