Friday, July 06, 2007

My Friday

I got up a little after 9:00 I think. I woke up around 7-something but went back to sleep. I left around 11:00 and headed to Amarillo. I went to my favorite fast food place and got a meat burrito grande. Then I went to Hobby Lobby in search of beads to make a rosary for my friend's daughter that is in the hospital. I didn't find anything that struck me, but I did get some other beads to go with some I already had. I also got some materials to make bookmarks for my Sunday school class. Since we're discussing love on Sunday I made bookmarks with different quotations about love that relate to some of the teachings. After Hobby Lobby, I went to the hospital to visit my friend Pam. Kami (her daughter) was sleeping. I stayed a couple of hours there and then went to Michaels in search of beads again. I finally found what I was looking for. I got the beads and then headed home. I started the bookmarks which was pretty simple, but a bit sticky. I cut colored card stock paper to size, then I cut a fancy paper a little smaller to glue on top. I printed out the quotations on vellum paper, cut them out and placed a verse on top of the fancy paper. I used adhesive spray which tends to get messy. For the most part, they turned out pretty well, I think (See above picture). Not too fancy, but hopefully they'll be appreciated. After the bookmarks, I made dinner, then I worked on rosaries. I made the one for Kami and then made a couple of others since I finally got some beads I had been needing. I will post pictures in a few days hopefully. Josh's camera doesn't take a very good picture and the scanner doesn't scan the colors correctly. I've finally ordered a charger for my camera battery and hopefully it will be here next week. And that was my day today. Tomorrow I'll be spending most of the day working on finalizing my lesson. Today I printed out 25 pages of extra material and I've got to weed it down. Now it's time for bed. Hope y'all are having a good evening.

1 comment:

Billy said...

Well, sounds like another busy day. Wish I had enough patience to make things. But, I don't. It's just work, work, and more work. And when I am not at work, I am working at home. When did my life get so boring?