Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Marty Updates

I got to talk to Marty for a while via IM last night. I had to open my big mouth. But I had to say something. You know I've been worried about whether things have changed and I've talked about how he's different etc. Well I asked him about it again last night. I probably shouldn't have. I should have just sit back, left him alone and not freak out so much. But that's not what happened.
He first offered to break things off until he returned because I wasn't handling the separation so well. I told him that wasn't what I wanted. I basically needed reassurance that his love was deep enough to make it and things hadn't changed. He then went on about his stress level and how he ended up going to California 3 months earlier than planned, how he's going to Alaska earlier, how the administration have screwed up his paperwork to make things more difficult to leave and that he's leaving his children for a year.
These are things that I knew about. I know he's been stressed. I just don't get how that makes up for shunning the ones you love. I think that when one is stressed, that's when you should reach out the most... but then again, I'm a girl. I know guys are different and it's not fair. It's not fair for him to sulk into a cave and keep me wondering about things. He assured me that nothing has changed for him regading his feelings for me and it's just the stress. I believe him, but it's really hard. I guess if relationships were simple, they wouldn't be worth fighting for. I know what I've got to do. I've got to let it go. Not the relationship, just the fretting. I've got to put my feelings on the backburner and let him be. I know all this, but I have a hard time doing it.
He has to report to Alaska by May 1. He's still planning on driving his truck down here sometime in April, but that's only if he can get everything done in the 3-4 weeks he's back in Connecticut. I'd like to fly up there and help him drive, but I'm 3rd on the list. (His mother and brother both offered before me.)
I guess things are getting busy for him at school. He had homework last night and had about 3 hours of reading to do. Oh, and he hasn't called because he forgot to pay his cell phone bill. Hopefully he'll call next time he goes to town.
Well, I'm continuining to work on the filing. It's slow going, but it will be worth it in the long run. I've got a lot of shredding to do as well. I guess it's a good thing I'm working on the office. Because of the darn snow I can't be cleaning out the garage.

No comments: