Thursday, March 03, 2005

No music today

Went to clarinet ensemble but found that they weren't meeting today. Did get to pick up some music though which is good because I'm going to need some practice. Most of the page was pretty black. (For those of you that don't read music, that means it's got a lot of sixteenth notes)
I'm going to get out my clarinet and give it a whirl this weekend.
I've still been in a bad mood so I skipped my aerobics class. Just because. Then Josh and I went to the grocery store and got his lunchables for school and something for supper. Made hamburgers. Then I sat in front of the t.v. and watched Survivor and CSI.
The phone has been ringing off the hook tonight but no calls from Marty. Just bill collectors I guess. I don't answer the phone if I don't know who's calling. Caller ID is a wonderful thing.
So I guess we need some good news. Josh came home today and told me that he's running in a track meet. He didn't originally plan to try out for the team but said that for some reason the coaches asked him to run the 100 meter race. I thought that was great. He's been in athletics the past two years, but did it because he didn't want to be in P.E. He had no interest in actually playing the team sports. But I think this will be good for him.
I still haven't called the lady regarding the RCIA program at the Catholic church. I did get an email response that gave me another lady's name and number. I'm still not sure that I'm ready, but I think I'll have some time to really decide. I still feel compelled to check it out.
Well I hope Marty calls this weekend. I certainly need a lift.
One more bit of good news. I have brief job next week that will pay me $50. I'm tabulating the cheerleading results for a local school. I've been doing it for the past 6 years or so. I started it when I was teaching at one school and I wrote an excel spread sheet for it. Since then they've been asking me to come back and figure it each year.
I know I really should use that $50 to pay some bills, but I think I'm going to be somewhat selfish and a little unselfish. I desperately need a hair cut. If I don't get one soon, I'm going to get the scissors out myself. And then I think I'm going to buy the "Ray" DVD for Josh.
I'm just going to hang on to the hope that my tax refund will come through soon. Wow... I actually said the word hope? Maybe there's a silver lining.

No comments: