Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The 4th, Speech Camp and whatever

I finally got my house clean. My aunt and uncle got here around 2:30 on Monday. I started my last bit of cleaning at 7:30 that morning and that included the garage and Josh's bathroom which were both pretty hideous. I didn't go to speech camp from Saturday through Tuesday. Monday night I made chicken parmesan for dinner and then we listened to some of Josh's music that he's written. My aunt was impressed with it and she offered to pay the rest of the money needed to get the updated software. I'll order it while he's gone to camp. Tuesday we went to see the 4th of July parade. It was o.k., but it's just not the same without a marching band in it. My cousin's birthday party was at 5:00. Josh and I went there and stayed for about 2 1/2 hours. We invited a few people to come by my house to watch the fireworks. We have a great view from the church parking lot right across the street. Most of my family was here as well as a group of friends that were having a party just down the street. I think I ended up with about 25 people in my house just before the fireworks started. The show was pretty decent this year. Everybody left shortly after the show and I was dog tired. I didn't sleep well the night before and then I had had a few drinks. I wasn't drunk, just sleepy. My allergies were starting to act up though. I didn't take anything for it because I needed to get up somewhat early this morning. My aunt and uncle left around 7:00 a.m. I got up to say good-bye and then went back to bed for a little bit. I went to camp today and got all the books shelved and then I came home to print a list so I could check to see what was turned in. I started after lunch today and worked four hours straight and didn't quite get finished. Josh called me a little before 4:15 and reminded me that he had a lesson. I completely lost track of time. I gathered my stuff and picked him up for his lesson. Afterwards we went back to the school to finish up the books. We ordered Thai take-out, came home to eat, and then we had to head back up to the Church for a music rehearsal. We're playing at the 8:30 Mass on Sunday. Sunday is also the day that Josh is going to band camp. I'll be alone for two weeks.
Tomorrow I have to go up to camp again briefly and then Josh and I are going to go look at tile for his bathroom. I may try to get up to Hereford as well so I can take a look at my room. I need to make plans to get moved.

Well, that's all the excitement for today. I'm going to head for bed pretty soon since the drowsiness is starting.

No comments: