Thursday, July 20, 2006

A long day already

I got up this morning around 7:45. I left to go up to the school at 8:25 but had to stop for gas. I got there around 9-ish and the stairs were still blocked off. There was a new sign that said the upstairs wouldn't be available until Friday the 21st. I was a little upset but decided to go talk to my principal about it. I asked him if it was true that I still couldn't go upstairs because the previous sign on Tuesday said that we could go up starting today. He said he'd check with the custodial staff and he told me how I'd already upset them. I told him that I knew but I was checking the keys that the secretary had given me. So he eventually finds the custodians and they say it's o.k. for me to go up... which is good because I would have bitched and moaned a bit about wasting another tank of gas. O.k. maybe I would have silently sulked, but I still would have been upset. So I go up and my door key doesn't work. I go back down and tell my principal. He comes up with his keys. Even his master key doesn't work. He thinks something is jammed in there, but I'm not sure. They key goes in, but it won't turn. Luckily we can get in through the office/storage door. He says that he'll submit a work order for my door lock. I had three students there intermittently this morning. We got the base color up and a good deal of the trim done. The blue is really, really pretty. I still need to go up and do some touch up painting but I'm going to have to wait a week. The principal will be gone next week and I think the custodians are planning more work so I'm not going to bother going up there to just have to turn around and come back. Part of next week we'll go to Albuquerque instead. Maybe then I'll get some of the yearbook workshop stuff ready to go and then I'll be able to spend the rest of the time in my room at school.

I made it home with 15 minutes to change clothes, put on make-up and do my hair. I basically got it done, but was sweating like mad. We played two concerts today and my mouth was so very tired by the middle of the second concert. Tonight my friend Kirsten and maybe my friend Pam is going out to eat and probably have a perfect margarita at Applebee's. Tomorrow I have to pick up Josh's stuff at 10:30 when he checks out of his dorm. His concert is at 12:30.

I tried painting last night but the dingy white I requested is a little too dingy... meaning gray. I wanted something that isn't quite bright white, but it was a little overboard. Now I have to get more paint to mix with this paint to have the shade I want. It never seems to end. Well, I better get ready to head out to eat. I'm starving. I didn't have time for lunch and all I had was half a cinnamon roll this morning.

No comments: