Friday, July 21, 2006

Another borrowed meme

Yesterday and Today

Borrowed from the blog of Iris.

Ten years ago:

I was 26 years old. I had been teaching junior high for two years. I met my now ex-husband in April that year so we would have been dating a few months and getting ready to go on our first trip together to St. Louis in August. I bought my first car on my own that year in March. My son was five and would be starting kindergarten in September. I was living in a house that is just down the block and around the corner from where I am now. I paid $245 a month in rent for a small two bedroom house with a small backyard. It was the most I'd ever paid in rent at the time.

Five years ago:
I was 31 years old. I had been married for about 2 1/2 years. We just bought our first house the year before. My marriage was on the rocks off and on, but was in a decent place at the time. Richard and I went to our first rollercoaster event and joined ACE that year. I was in my second year working for Jostens yearbooks.

One year ago:
I was enjoying my last summer before taking the leap back to teaching. I had been divorced for two years and it had been over a year since Marty and I had broken up. I was pretty much in the same place I am now, but now I have health insurance and my wisdom teeth out. Josh was at the end of band camp and I played in director's band again last year. I had been dating Brian from Dalhart and realized that it wasn't going to work out. There's not a post from July 21 last year, but here's the post from July 22. They day before was written about cleaning. Imagine that.

Yesterday:
Painted at the school. Played two concerts with the director's band. Went out to eat with my friend Kirsten.

Today:
Picked up Josh's stuff from his dorm at 10:30. Came home and took a shower and went to his concert at 12:30. Stayed for the Honor's band concert. After the concerts, Josh and I went to Amarillo. We went to eat at Olive Garden. Then we went to Lowe's to get tile, paint, and toilet parts. Got everything but the paint. Went to Home Depot. Got paint. Went to Barnes & Noble. Got Josh a music book. Came home. Josh got his software in the mail today. He is ecstatic. I checked my email, read blogs and am thinking of taking a nap.

Tomorrow:
Will be painting the bathroom. Maybe clean house. Pay bills. Balance my checkbook. Go to the store. Find something to make for the Church picnic on Sunday.

Five people I'm tagging

I tag anyone that wants to do this meme. Don't feel obligated. But comment if you do the meme. Or comment if you don't. Or don't comment. Do what you want.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Well, I just wanted to comment and say thanks for sharing this glimpse into your life. I so enjoyed reading it. I’m just not too big on memes on my blog as they seem tedious to fill out to me. But I do enjoy reading others especially if I am interested in the author’s life. Well, this is your biggest blog fan signing off. Take care Annabel and please post some more pictures of Josh’s bathroom and your newly painted classroom. I would love to see them if you get the time to post them. No pressure though. I will still read no matter what.

Annabel said...

Thanks Andrew. I will post pictures when I'm finished with both. The bathroom is coming along, but it will be about a week before it's finished. I have to do several things before grouting, but it will be done soon. I'm taking a week off from school this week, but will be finished with my classroom by the end of the following week. I will definitely post pictures. Thanks for being my biggest fan and a faithful reader.

Unknown said...

Sorry we didn't come to your concerts we didn't really get home from our latest "adventure" until about 10 minutes til 4 and put the baby down for a nap. Both Patrick and I were disappointed. I hope everything went well.