Monday, July 31, 2006

Grouting is Messy

I'm sorry I didn't update today... well technically yesterday since it's now after 1 a.m. I was very productive today. Despite taking a full tylenol p.m. last night it still took me 2 hours to get to sleep. I got up around 9-something. Around 10:15 I started getting ready to go to Mass. I went to the 11:15 Mass and am always glad that I go. After that, I came home and checked my computer for email, updated blogs and such. My ex-husband was online so I chatted with him for a little bit. After 1:00 sometime I got hungry so I fixed some lunch. After eating I felt so full and really tired so I had to take a nap. Then I read some of my book. I finally decided I had to get the painting and such done. I finished painting last coats on the drawers and doors. I spray painted the hardware. I taped around the wall tile so I could spray some gloss spray on it. Around 9:00 I was ready to grout. Oh. My. Goodness. It was a messy, messy job. But I did it all by myself. It took more time to clean up the mess than it did to do the actual grouting. I have to repaint some parts of the bathroom where the blue grout set in and stained a bit... or where I dropped it on one of the drawers. Then I had another mess to clean up because some how the sink that is currently upside down in one of the cabinets was spewing some water. I guess when I was cleaning up, I moved it and the handle turned on a bit. I didn't notice it until some of the carpet in the hall was soaked. So then I had to spend more time cleaning that mess up. I feel exhausted, but not necessarily tired. My body is sore, but if I went to bed now, I'd probably still be awake at 3:00. I'm tired of the crap going on with my body. I didn't even want supper tonight. I was supposed to make enchiladas, but I figured it would go to waste because I wasn't hungry. I went to McDonald's to get Josh supper and got myself a coke and a side salad. I drank the coke and ate most of the salad. It just wasn't what I wanted, I guess.
Tomorrow I will clean the toilet, touch up the drawers, and then my friend, Matt, will be coming over for dinner around 6. I'm making stromboli. Matt will put the toilet, sink, and door back for me. Well, I don't have much more to say. I'd like to go to bed, but I just don't think sleep is going to come any time soon.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey,

We are going to have to start our own after midnight blogging club! LOL

Thanks for your comments this morning. I was feeling lonely and knowing you were sitting up as well made me feel better and not so alone.

Lisa said...

I'm up for that....blogging after midnight. I usually just search the blogs or watch TV, but I would be up for any sort of chats....it can get lonely that late at night.

Blessings,
Lisa

PS I'm anxious to see pics of the new bathroon.