Sunday, July 02, 2006

Cleaning

As much as I hate to clean on a regular basis, I actually do a really good job when I do make the decision to get going. I piddled around today and didn't start until around 1:00. I finally turned the t.v. to a music station so I'd stop watching it. I got started and realized that I needed vacuum bags. Unfortunately the kind I need, Kirby, is only sold at Kirby stores. We have a store here but it closed at 1:00. I pulled up at 2:15. Vacuuming was a major priority so I headed to Amarillo to the store up there. Luckily it was open until 4:00 today. Then I went to Pet Smart to get flea medicine for the dogs since they've been scratching and it's that time of year. After that I went to Walmart to get cleaning supplies. I ended up spending more than I wanted at Walmart, but at least my house should sparkle when I get it finished. When I got back I started in on the Living Room and now that it's almost midnight I'm close to getting it finished. I have to say that I didn't work on it constantly, but I did get it really clean. I learned how to use the attachments on my vacuum and I got the cobwebs out and along all the floorboards. I moved furniture out of the way and vacuumed underneath it. I straightened up all my bookshelves, cleaned off my desk and it's looking pretty good. Unfortunately, I have 3 more major rooms to clean as well as two bathrooms. I will start in on the kitchen in the morning before going to church. After church, I will start on the guest bedroom and get it ready for my aunt and uncle. My bedroom really isn't too bad. It mostly needs vacuuming and the bathroom cleaned.

I'm sorry I don't have anyting more exciting to share other than my cleaning excerpts. This blog is about my life and it seems to constantly revolve around cleaning. If I should ever get married again and have a decent income, I think I will hire someone to come in and clean a couple of days a week. I think it would be so worth it.

It's way past my bedtime so I better head that way.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

My house could use some mojor cleaning.(hint hint)...laughing.
Cool blogging!
Happy 4th of July weekend!
T.

Susanlee said...

When I was able to afford it, it was soooo worth my money to have the lady who came in every 2 weeks. Thing is though, I always ended up cleaning up for the cleaning lady!