Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Some productivity

I got up a little before 9:00 this morning. I was awake around 3:30 this morning, but was able to get back to sleep. I wrote a post in my Catholic blog about prayer this morning that I intended to write on Sunday. Then I did some web surfing. I thought about going back to bed, but I made myself stay up. I decided to start reading my book that I got at Barnes & Noble yesterday. I am really enjoying it and it is getting me motivated for going back to school. The book is called Teaching Outside the Box and is written by the women that the movie Dangerous Minds was about. Some things I'm a little leery about trying out this year, but the thing is that if something doesn't work, I can change it at semester. One of the suggestions is to not have a seating chart. I've always been a big advocate of having a seating chart, but I'm going to try to be flexible this year. The book states that you can always reserve the right to have one if it becomes necessary due to behavior. The book does give me some good ideas on dealing with discipline and some things to make sure I teach in my classes. Now I realize that I'm not even close to being ready for school to start.

So I've spent most of the day reading the book. I stopped to get a bite to eat and watch a little t.v. Now I'm chatting and writing this blog. I know you're excited to read about my doldrum life. I thought about writing an insightful blog after watching Sex & the City last night, but decided to go to bed instead. Maybe I'll work on it.

No comments: