Friday, July 21, 2006

Band Camp is almost over

I went up to the campus this morning to get the things out of Josh's dorm room. His concert is at 12:30 today. My friend Matt has gone above and beyond for my bathroom. He came over yesterday and laid all the tile for the counter except for one piece (was one piece short). He also put in a new backsplash and trim all around the counter. It's going to look great. I have to do all the finish work which is to putty the nail holes in the trim, seal the edges, paint the trim and grout. It will probably take another week before it's all finished. So Josh and I will have to share a bathroom for the next week... God help us.

Josh decided today that he didn't want to go to Albuquerque. If we go, we would have to go this Mon.-Wed. There is no other time for us to go before school starts. Josh starts summer band next Thursday and then I go back officially on the 9th. I may still just take this next week off. It will be my last official week of doing almost nothing. I still have websites to work on (or at websites to plan to work on) and a yearbook workshop to plan. I still need to do some housecleaning, of course. But if we don't go to Albuquerque, I won't feel as rushed. It's always a quick trip and the gas price is outrageous.

Last night the girls night was just me and my friend Kirsten. My other friend missed my phone calls and decided not to go. The other person had to pass because of money. So we went to Applebee's and had perfect margaritas with our dinner. It was quite yummy. I got really full and was tired when I got home, but Matt was still working on the bathroom. I figured I'd sleep pretty well because I was so tired, but once again, I tossed and turned. I had a pain in my side for part of the night. The only way I could sleep for a while was on my back because of the pain. It eventually went away, but I generally don't do well sleeping on my back. Usually I'm curled up on my side with two pillows under my head. I had more weird chase dreams last night. But now they're all kind of vague in my head so I can't share them with you. I really need to do something about my sleeping issues. If it doesn't change before school starts, I'll see my doctor about it.

Well, I have to run and take a shower and get ready for Josh's concert.

No comments: