Monday, July 17, 2006

This is getting annoying

Word of warning... more girl talk here. I mentioned my female issues in a previous post. Go ahead read it if you haven't before. So I did the ultrasound and didn't hear anything back from my doctor so I'm assuming nothing major there. (Though I should probably call and just make sure... I was out of town and just got busy and haven't given it much thought.) I took my two weeks of pills diligently which was amazing for me. Although I was told that I would probably have a period 3-7 days after the last pill, it turned out to be 10 days later... but no big deal. I was to start pills again 14 days after the start of my last period... which was two weeks ago today.

First let me explain a few things. I mentioned before how much I hate this part of being female. The only time it ever was a relief was when I was sexually active and although after my first child I started taking precautions, it was a relief to know I wasn't pregnant in case there was ever a doubt. For most of my life I guess my periods were fairly normal. I didn't give them much thought. They came approximately every month and later on they would be fairly short. That's a good thing if you have to have them... they might as well not last very long.

So I started taking the pills last month even though I had started spotting again. The spotting continued for a few more days and finally stopped. Everything was fine and I started my period ten days later. And it continued for 10 days straight. That's 10 days. Not 4-5, not even a week... but a week and a half. O.k. No big deal. At least it will be another month before it happens again. After all, I am taking pills. So guess what happens today? I started spotting again. I hadn't even had a chance to refill my prescription. Today was 14 days.

Aaaarrrrghhhhhh!

O.k. I feel better now. I'm just tired of this. It's really, really annoying. Sometimes I want to go ahead and have a hysterectomy and be done with all of this. But then I keep thinking about potentially marrying again... some day.... and what if my potential mate is someone that wants to have kids? I still am not sure if I want more, but I guess it would be nice to have the option. I just wish this issue wasn't going on at the moment. So I filled my prescription and wrote a hot check for it. I was going to wait a couple of extra days but figured that would be bad. I hope this stuff gets my body working the way it's supposed to.

-- End of rant --

No comments: