Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I was annoyed, now I'm irritated

I got up early this morning again (8:45 after not going to bed until 2:00 - see previous post) and headed back to Hereford to continue painting my room. I got there and signs were on the stairs stating that they were waxing and nobody could come up until Thursday. I really wished I had known this in advance. I've been in my room up there painting and not one of the custodial staff came in to tell me this. So I mostly wasted a trip up there. Since it costs me a little over $6.00 each time I make the trip, I hate wasting the gas. I figured since I was there, I would finally try to get the keys to my room since the person who was supposed to have them was finally back. She didn't have them but had two sets of keys that weren't labeled. She gave them to me to try and see if they worked. Although I know I wasn't supposed to, I went upstairs just to test the keys and I got yelled at by the custodial staff. That's not a good thing to get off on the wrong foot with the custodians. They, along with the secreteries, are the ones you have to butter up the most. Now my trash probably won't be changed until next semester.

The keys didn't work. So I snuck out and tiptoed as carefully as could back down stairs. Another person was suggested that might have the keys. Since I had nothing else to do, I decided to head over to another building (that luckily I could go in to) and find out. Sure enough, I was able to locate my new keys... not that I could use them. So this changes my plans. I wanted to be finished painting my room by the end of the week. Now I won't be able to finish until some time next week... which was when I was supposed to go to Albuquerque for a few days. School starts in less than a month and I still have a ton of things to do in that time. I have to get my room set up and organized. I have to send stuff of to the printers to be printed for the first week. I have a yearbook workshop that I still need to plan. I still need to work on getting school websites set up. Where has the time gone?

3 comments:

Susanlee said...

How are you decorating your room??

Annabel said...

Well, I wanted the room to reflect my tastes..and originally I wanted to paint it shades of purple... but then I thought better of it. I decided to go with something more neutral but still pretty. I am painting the walls a light cream color and the trim is a very pretty blue. I can also incorporate a little maroon (the school color) here and there.

Summer said...

It's funny how when you have things to do, that time rushes by, leaving you breathless and hurried. I know you, you'll get it all done and in time and it will look great!