Thursday, July 06, 2006

Feeling blah again

I don't know if it's allergies or a cold but I woke up feeling just blah today. I made myself get up and go up to speech camp so that I could give them the list of missing books I made. After that I came back home and went back to bed. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I didn't get out of bed until after noon. I was just tired. I finally got up and piddled around. Josh and I went to Lowe's to look at tile today. The first tile he liked was a bit expensive at $10 a square foot. Even though it's a small bathroom, that's a bit much. We finally found something similar for a lot less at 2.27 a square foot. We bought two boxes of it. I plan to have my friend Matt come sometime next week to help me install it. But now I'm having some other thoughts about my bathroom project and I want to more that what I may be able to do or have time for. I am excited about the tile but I also have plans to replace the vanity top which is not in good condition and the backsplash is warped and coming off. I plan to get rid of it and replace it with a sheet of wood and tile on top of it. O.k. that should be simple enough, but when I looked in the bathroom tonight I realized that the existing tile isn't going to look very good with the new stuff. I am wondering how excruciating it would be to replace that tile as well. I would really like to give the whole bathroom a new face. It's something to consider. I don't mind doing the work, but I will need some muscle help probably. I guess I'll give it some thought.

I finally broke down and got a new battery for my digital camera. They cost about $40 but last about two years. There have been several moments where I've wanted to take pictures of something but didn't have the capability. I'm glad I will be able to use it again. Josh and I also went to the bookstore and a miracle happened! I walked out of there without buying a single book! I think that is unheard of for me. Perhaps it was the fact that I'd just dropped $90 on tile and the camera battery.

Well, Monk is on so I have to get going. Hopefully I'll be feeling less blah tomorrow.

No comments: