Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sleep? What's that?

I didn't sleep well last night... again. I decided to not take a tylenol p.m. I think I heard that it's not supposed to be addicting, but I didn't want to take any chances. I figured that surely I could go to sleep without a problem. I mean I was barely holding my head up while watching CSI at 11 p.m. I wanted to finish watching it, so I did, and I went to be at midnight. And I was still awake at 1 or 2... I'm not sure. Then I started sleeping and dreaming and it was one of those kind of scary chase dreams where someone was after me and I was hiding and I knew that he was going to find me. I think it had something to do with the CSI episode I had just watched, but I woke up and decided I didn't want to dream about that any more. So I try to go back to sleep and I had one of those nights where you just don't ever fall into a deep sleep. You can't get comfortable and you seem to wake up every time you change positions. Then sometime this morning I had another weird dream. You wanted to know what it was about, right?

I dreamed that my aunt wanted me to make a special dessert for a special occasion. Since I like to do things like that, I thought it would be great. So I look through a recipe book and find a recipe for a chocolate cake that has strawberries on top. I realize I have to go to the store to get the things on my list. But I don't have a car for some reason. So I ride a bike. I go to the store that used to be just up the street (but it really isn't there any more, but dreams can change that.) I got there and I was in the checkout line for some reason (before buying anything) and I paid for the stuff I was going to get, but hadn't gotten yet. Anyways, I went to get my stuff and I kept forgetting certain things - not surprising for me. But it was hard to find everything I needed; I was getting cake items like baking powder, cocoa, etc. but there were in weird places in the store. I needed some coffee... which is weird because I don't drink it, but I think I needed it for the cake recipe and so I get some coffee grounds and just pour them into my shopping bag... not a coffee bag, but all over my other items in my bag. Then I have to check out again since I got some other things I didn't pay for beforehand. I tried to estimate how much coffee I had and they said they couldn't do that and they needed to weigh it. I was like "duh" and headed back to the aisle to find a coffee bag. Then the dream takes me back to the house to start making the cake. I then realize that the special occasion is for my aunt's oldest daughter who in my dream is a lesbian and she's wanting a judge to legalize the "union" with her partner. I'm irritated because as a Catholic I feel like it's wrong to support that and I was kind of roped into make a special cake for something I wouldn't have supported. But I made the cake anyway and it turned out great. Sometime after that I woke up. **Note: My cousin in real life is not a lesbian.** **I also may need to find a chocolate cake recipe now.**

And now I'm up but I'm still tired. I need to go to Lowe's (It's finally Payday!!!!) and get the materials to finish the bathroom. I also have to get some more money for Josh. I also need to pay some bills and order Josh's music software. It looks like it's already going to be another busy day. But maybe a quick nap first? Is it too early for that?

No comments: