Sunday, July 09, 2006

All Alone

I took Josh to band camp this afternoon. We seemed to go at a really bad time and had to wait in line for everything. I was amazed at the rudeness of some of the kids. They came into the dorm lobby with tons of bags and didn't watch where they were going and would knock other bags over or run over things and wouldn't say "excuse me." Josh even commented after we finally got his dorm key that when he has kids come here that he'll teach them some manners.

And now I'm alone. I have the house to myself for the next two weeks. What to do, what to do? I do plan to work on Josh's bathroom. I'm going to paint the existing wall tile rather than remove it. I need to get a lead paint test kit and test the peeling paint in the bathroom. It needs to be scraped off, but since the house was built before 1978 then it could contain lead. If that's the case, then I'd have to have professionals come do the work and that would suck. I'm hoping the paint is lead-free and I can get started on it soon.

I'm probably going to start going up to the school to get some work done. I still need to check out my new room and see what kind of space I will have. I will play in director's band so that will keep me busy for a while as well. I'm going to need something to do to keep myself occupied. It's going to feel a bit lonely here without Josh. Sure, he stays in his room most of the time (he is a teenager) but it's still my job to take care of him. I guess I better get used to it though. He'll be graduating in three years and then go off to college. And since there are no prospects for my love life, it seems that I will, indeed, be quite alone. I'm trying realize that it's o.k. if that's the way things end up. It's just kind of a hard pill to swallow sometimes.

No comments: