Saturday, July 29, 2006

I've got the blahs

I really do. I don't feel like doing anything... well, other than reading. I was up until 2 a.m. last night (no tylenol p.m.) and didn't fall asleep until probably 2:45-3:00. I slept until 9 something. Then I got up and continued to read my book. And I've read all day other than checking email once in a while, having an annoying IM conversation, and watching t.v. I didn't want to make dinner, but I figured I should be a good mom and make something for the kid. I ended up making hamburgers which is really messy and my kitchen was already a disaster area before I did that. It was either hamburgers or enchiladas so I went with the less complex. I had a burger and then I had ice cream. I have a new kind of ice cream that I really, really like. Really. It's Breyer's Fried Ice Cream. It is quite yummy and I've almost eaten a whole carton of it. O.k. not in one sitting... I've had it for about a week and a half. But it is oh so yummy. So I've sat on my butt doing nothing but reading pretty much all day. I just don't have any enthusiasm or drive to do anything else. I just want to be a lazy bum. I feel kind of bad, but I can't do anything about it right now. I'm just going to blame it on that time of the month (despite the fact that it's basically been that time for about two weeks now thanks to my body that is FREAKING out.) I was invited to a party this evening and I didn't want to go. It was far away and I don't know the people very well and it's a group that I don't really fit into much these days. I guess I'm getting to be an old fuddy duddy. The only thing I'm looking forward to this weekend is going to Mass. And that is a good thing, but I just want to get out of my state of blahs.

No comments: