Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Now I can't sleep

I tried going to bed at 10:45 without taking a tylenol p.m. And now it's 12:45 and I'm still awake. I got up somewhat early today at 8:45 (that's early for summer break); I worked hard painting today and didn't take a nap. I should be able to sleep, but I can't. Nothing's wrong and nothing in particular is on my mind. I decided to finish a post on my other blog that I'd been working on for a couple of days. Then I went to see if anybody else has posted anything. And now I'm bored. I finally caved and took 1/2 a tylenol p.m. and it has yet to hit me. So what do I write about?

Bathroom update: Everything has two coats of primer except for the back of two cabinet doors. I didn't get to Lowe's today so I haven't started painting the actual paint. With everything white and clean in there it looks really good. Except for the green countertop that is still in there.

House cleaning update: My house could use some cleaning as always. It's not a complete disaster, however. I need to unload the dishwasher and load it again. I need to pick things up and put things away. Of course I still have some laundry to do, but it's not overwhelming. (The joy of summer, you can wear the same clothes more than one day if you don't go anywhere.)

Love life update: Nothing to report there. Haven't met anyone that is interesting and single. Of course I don't get out much, but oh well.

Music update: I've been playing in director's band since last Tuesday. I'm actually getting most of the music down. Our concert is this Thursday. You're all invited to come. O.k. I know most of you that read this blog actually live much too far away to come to my concert. But if there are any local fans that want to come, send me an email and I'll let you know what time and where. We have an amazing flute soloist playing and the concert should be really good... if you like that kind of thing.

No comments: