Monday, July 31, 2006

Allelujah!

As the choirs of angels in heaven sing the Allelujah chorus, you'll be happy to know that the bathroom is basically finished. There's little things to finish up, but the major work is done.
As requested, here are the pics. Note: It's a tiny bathroom so pics are limited.



This is the view from the doorway. You can tell how small it is. The funky coloration on the back wall is because I sprayed gloss spray to make the tile look more shiny but I ran out before I could finish. I will finish the gloss spray after next payday.


This is the counter & sink. I wish I would have taken before pictures. The previous counter was green, fake marble-like formica top. It wasn't necessarily ugly, but it was warped in places and the backsplash was totally coming off behind the sink. I really like these tiles. Josh picked out both tiles basically. He liked these at first for the floor, but then decided on the other. I decided to get these to complement the floor. I think it's a great combination if I say so myself. My friend, Matt, put a trim all around the sides to cover up the tile edges.

View from above. This shows a clearer picture of the two tiles. You can't see the floor tile very well, but the center diamonds are black that fade into blue centers. The grout for both the floor and counter is blue. It was a pain to get it and the grout cost more than the counter tiles, but I do love it despite it being messy as heck. I also painted the hardware black.

Above the sink is a long mirror that is almost the full width of the wall. I didn't change the light fixture, but it works for now. I didn't take pictures of the tub since it's just a basic bathtub with sliding doors. It needs to be cleaned desperately, but one thing at a time.

There's some touch up painting that I need to do and I need to put things back in drawers and such, but will save that for another time. I need to get Josh new matching towels and a floor rug as well. He might have to wait until after next payday. But I'm pleased with how it turned out. It's a huge difference. Before, the paint was a kind of beige, but it just looked like a really dirty white. The paint was flaking in several places. I already mentioned the counter issues. Below the sink the wood was turning black from water damage.

I took 1 1/2 tylenol p.m. tablets at 9:00. I'm hoping it will be enough to help me actually get a decent night's sleep. I should sleep well given how little I got last night. I'm full from dinner which should help as well. I made stromboli and fettucini alfredo. It was absolutely wonderful if I say so myself.

Tomorrow, Josh and I are going to Hereford. He's going to drive. I'm going to do some touch up painting in my room and get things taped for the final trim painting. I'll have my students come help me on Wednesday. Tomorrow afternoon, my friend Kirsten is coming over for lunch to have leftover stromboli. I originally invited her to dinner, but she had dog class tonight. She and her dog, Tango, do agility training. After lunch we're going to head to Amarillo and do some shopping. Well, she's going to do some shopping and I'm going to tag along. I can go shopping probably after the end of the week. I need to get busy working on the workshop I'm presenting on Friday.

Well, I guess I'm going to get ready for bed. I'm starting to feel a little sleepy. Maybe it will hit me once I actually lie down. Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

5 comments:

Andrew said...

Okay, the bathroom looks beautiful and VERY professionally done. I was skeptical at first on how this would turn out, but it looks so very nice. I know you are proud and can take a break from all those tedious duties. And the caveat emptor: You and Josh now have your own bathrooms! No more leaving the seat up! Haha!

Lisa said...

Very nice. I wish I had the talent and inclination to do something like that. The last home project I started ended with a professional coming over to "fix" what I had done...LOL.

Good job!

Anonymous said...

As someone who remembers how it looked before... WOW!!! incredible job. Very professional looking. Love the color.

Summer said...

It looks perfect! Did you lay those tiles yourself?

Susanlee said...

Yay! it looks great! now you can come over and do my bathroom floor! I'm so impressed with the counter tops!