Monday, July 17, 2006

Time is flying fast

<----- Josh's bathroom tile

Before I know it, summer will be over and it will be time to start school again. But I've already been at work. I started painting my room at the school this morning. I had a student show up at 10:00 to help and she stayed until about 12:45. Then I had another student come in around 1:00. I'm covering the hideous pink with a nice neutral cream color. It's a really big room and there's a lot of painting around electrical and network boxes. I have done a great deal of painting in my later years beginning with the first house that Richard and I bought together. I painted four rooms in that house and did quite a bit of wallpaper as well. When I lost that house to foreclosure in the divorce I moved into my parents house shortly after my mom passed away. I decided to make it my house instead of what used to be my aunt's house and then my parents house. I painted three bedrooms and a bathroom before I moved in. I also wallpapered Josh's room. If you want to see some pictures, you can click here. I don't have pictures of the spare room or Josh's bathroom, but will load some when everything is finished. Right now they are in a state of disarray with the remodel that's going on.

So in the mornings I am up at the school from 10-2 working there. When I get home, I take a quick shower (because I am a messy painter) and then head to summer band at 3:00. I get home from there around 4:40. Then in the evenings I've been working in Josh's bathroom. I have two coats of primer on the top half of the walls and a single coat on the lower tiled part. I will finish priming in there tonight. Tomorrow I will start painting and then on Wednesday/Thursday, hopefully I will start tiling the counter. I hope that by Friday everything will be done when Josh gets back from band camp. I don't want to have to share my bathroom. I know that sounds selfish... but after living with a man and having a son that isn't very accurate, I don't want my bathroom to become the disgusting mess that his was. I'm also going to put my foot down when his bathroom is done and insist that if he can't aim better that he will have to regularly clean up the mess.

Well, I need to go pick up my prescription (that will be another post soon) and then run to Lowe's and write a somewhat hot check for more supplies. If you want to see pictures of my classroom before I started painting, click here.

No comments: